Delivering accounting and tax services characterized by quality, reliability and trust.
Our firm has a long-standing history in Victoria providing high quality accounting, tax and business advice for small to medium-sized businesses and high-net-worth clients.
- Deloitte’s Victoria location merges with KPMG. Office Managing Partner, Chuck Burkett negotiates the purchase of a portion of the practice that includes his tax team and clients, forming Burkett & Co. Chartered Accountants.
The firm establishes itself at its Pear Street location.
- The firm establishes a reputation for quality of service, bringing much of their prior large-firm experience to more personal relationships.
- The firm relocates to a larger office at its current location on the corner of Shelbourne Street and Donnelly Avenue.
- The firm continues its steady growth and now has six staff members serving more than 300 clients.
- The firm graduates its first CA student, placing on the national honour roll for the uniform final examination ("UFE").
- Kevin Burkett joins the firm, carrying on the family tradition of offering comprehensive and reliable advice to address the complex needs of clients.
The firm is renamed Burkett & Co. Chartered Professional Accountants in accordance with the merger of accounting designations.
- Acquired the business of local practitioner David G. McIntosh, CPA, CA, who joined the firm as an Associate to transition his clients to the firm.
The firm celebrates its 20th year of operations, serving more than 800 clients that includes many of our region's leading businesses and their owners.
Our team offers a depth of knowledge and experience in the areas of accounting, tax, advisory, and estate planning.READ MORE
Business Sector Expertise
We serve a diverse client base and have special expertise with privately held businesses, incorporated professionals, real estate sector and investment holding companies.READ MORE